David Briley, Candidate for First Circuit Court Judge
David Briley has been a dedicated public servant for over 25 years. He served as the eight Mayor of Nashville, as Vice Mayor, and as a Councilmember at Large.
David Briley championed efforts to make Nashville a more equitable city by focusing on eliminating racial disparities in our educational, housing, and socio-economic systems.
Some of his proudest accomplishments are:
- Preserving Fort Negley and protecting it from any future development
- Establishing the Equal Business Opportunity Program
- Making Nashville the first city in the South to recognize LGBT-owned businesses in Metro procurement
- Creating Nashville GRAD, a first-of-its-kind program aimed at raising graduation rates at Nashville State
- Stabilizing the financial future of Nashville General Hospital
David Briley also established a policy to support conversations about domestic violence situations in the workplace, created the Minority Business Advisory Council, Community Behavioral Health and Wellness Advisory Council, Ending the HIV Epidemic Advisory Council, and the Council on the State of Women in recognition of the centennial anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment.
David is currently a member at Bone McAllester Norton where he is engaged primarily in civil, commercial, and class-action litigation. He and his wife, Jodie Bell, have one son, Sam, and two dogs. They live in Salemtown.