To guide, manage, and execute the charitable efforts of the ECON Club of Nashville on behalf of the larger community.
To create a community where everyone thrives.
As the charitable arm of the ECON Club of Nashville, ECON Charities guides, manages and executes the club’s philanthropic mission in an effort to help make Nashville a better place to live. Since our inception 55 years ago, we have had a long history of initiating civic projects and supporting nonprofit organizations, most notably Cheekwood and The Family Center and more recently Light A Spark, our in-house initiative that seeks to build resilient families through shared experiences of the cultural arts. Our primary fundraiser is the annual Antique & Garden Show, which raises money for us as well as for Cheekwood directly, and which provides opportunities for ECON Club members to engage in fundraising and service. Our goal is to contribute to our community in meaningful ways so that we can be a place where all people thrive.
IN THE PAST
- Initiate Civic Projects
- Widening Church Street west of the viaduct and extending Ninth Avenue from Church Street to Union Station;
- Increasing parking facilities at Union Station;
- Beautifying Memorial Park opposite the state Capitol;
- Implementing the first overall street marking program in Nashville;
- Building children’s playgrounds at the Davidson County Tuberculosis Hospital;
- Equipping the Vanderbilt band with its first uniforms;
- Sponsoring the first successful local fundraising campaign for the American Red Cross;
- Inspiring the art exhibit maintained in the Parthenon at Centennial Park.
- Founded Light A Spark to help build resilient families through shared experiences of the cultural arts.
- Serve as the largest annual donor for The Family Center.
- Support Cheekwood through donations, membership, and leadership.
- Support Nonprofit Organizations.